How do I get appointed to City Boards or Committees?

As openings become available the City will advertise for Tavares residents to fill the vacancy. All interested persons will be asked to submit an application for consideration. A copy of the application can be found at the link below.  The Mayor makes appointments to the following boards and committees:

Fire & Police Pension Boards

Tavares Advisory Library Board

Tavares Planning & Zoning Board

Lake County Arts & Cultural Alliance - City Representative

MPO Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee - City Representative

Lake County Library Advisory Board - City Representative

Lake Community Action Agency - City Representative

Applications should be submitted to the City Clerk.  For additional questions regarding serving on a City of Tavares board or committee please contact the City Clerk at 352.742.6209 or by Email.

Application for City Board or Committee

Show All Answers

1. How do I request public records from the City of Tavares?
2. How can I speak at the Tavares City Council Meetings?
3. How do I get appointed to City Boards or Committees?
4. When do City Council Seats expire? When does Tavares hold elections to fill open seats?