Have Lots of Fun @ the Library The Youth Room offers a wide range of programs and special events throughout the year. Make sure to ask Ms. Valerie for more information the next time you visit. You do not want to miss any of the new and fun events that are coming!
The Youth Room has an AWE station and an ipad Krayon Kiosk full of fun and educational games for children as well as 2 computers with Internet, Microsoft Office Excel, Powerpoint, Word and library catalog access for youth ages 12 and under and their parents. While surfing the net make sure to check out the kids section of the Lake County Library System web page for lots of fun activities, games and other stuff!
Mark Your Calendar
- Take and Make Kids Crafts available for pickup every day during regular library hours while supplies last.
- StoryWalk® every Monday and Wednesday in Ridge Park (behind the Library) 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (weather permitting) During the library expansion construction, it will be in the Library Youth Room.
- Read Sunshine State Young Reader books and earn brag tags! Call (352) 742-6204 for more information.
- Cops Got Game the 2nd Monday every month from 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm in the Youth Room. Kids to age 12 and Tavares Police Officers come together to play a variety of games and have a good time. FREE! FUN! FOOD!
- Reader of the Pack the 2nd Tuesday every month at 4:00 pm. Visit and read to a PAWS Therapy Dog
- Brick It Up every Wednesday from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm in the Youth Room. Kids to age 12 can let their creativity run wild with Lego. Follow the month's theme or create your own Lego masterpieces.
- Play Library Bookopoly from September 1 - October 31 for a chance to win fun prizes. Random drawing for winners will be held on November 1. Pick up a Bookopoly card at the main desk.
Calling all LEGO builders! The LEGO Wall in the Youth Room is ready for creators to show off their building skills. LEGO books full of lots of great ideas are available or come up with your own designs. Your creation might even be featured on the library's Facebook and Instagram pages.