Fun @ Your Library
The Tavares Library offers a wide variety of programs for all ages. Check our event calendar for times and topics.
Learn a New Language
Learn 80 foreign languages from your home computer or mobile device with Pronunciator! Ask library staff for more information and about other language learning programs available at the library.
Mark Your Calendar for These Programs for Grownups
(See Children's Page and Teen Page for more programs)
- Young @ Heart every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m.
- Frayed Knot Knit and Crochet Club the 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month. Beginners to advanced and everyone in between.
- Roots and Branches Genealogy Group the fourth Tuesday of every month at 2:00 p.m. except November & December
- SHINE the second and fourth Thursday every month from 10 a.m.-12 noon First come first served. Program does not accept appointments. Open Enrollment Period assistance is available every Thursday through December 7th.
- La Vida Yoda Yoga every Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
- Share a Book Club the 2nd Saturday every month from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Golden Years Conversation: Medicare 101 on Thursday, November 14th at 10:00 a.m. in the Landing Pad
- Page Turners Book Club on November 26 at 10:30 a.m - Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
- Lunch Time Concert Series - Harp for the Holidays on December 5 from 12:30 p.m.to 1:30 p.m.
- So You Think You Know Fruitcake on December 21 from 12:30 pm-1:30 pm Registration required-beginning December 9
- Public Poetry - Winter Solstice on December 21 from 2:00 pm-4:00 pm
To Print a Monthly Calendar of Library Events- Follow this calendar link and select the desired month.
For more information about any of our programs, call the Library at (352) 742-6204.