Fun @ Your Library
The Tavares Library offers a wide variety of programs for all ages. Check our Library Events Calendar for times and topics.
Learn a New Language
Learn 80 foreign languages from your home computer or mobile device with Pronunciator! Ask library staff for more information and about other language learning programs available at the library.
Learn a New Art or Craft Skill
Thousands of art and crafting video classes for all ages and experience levels available on Creativebug with your library card. Taught by artists and design experts. Ask library staff for more information about how to register for a free online account.
Mark Your Calendar for These Programs for Grownups
(See Children's Page and Teen Page for more programs)
- Young @ Heart every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Frayed Knot Knit and Crochet Club the 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month. Beginners to advanced and everyone in between. CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Roots and Branches Genealogy Group the fourth Tuesday of every month at 2:00 p.m. except November & December CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- SHINE the second and fourth Thursday every month from 10 a.m.-12 noon First come first served. Program does not accept appointments. CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Page Turners Book Club Online Edition. The April title is: The Vengeance of Mothers by Jim Fergus. Call the library to reserve your copy for pickup. Read the book and then share and discuss your thoughts on the Tavares Public Library Facebook page.
- Virtual Money Smart Week is April 10th thru 17th. This national public education program is sponsored by the American Library Association and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. Money Smart Week 2021 kicks off April 10th with virtual content focused on financial management for those who have been hit the hardest by the Covid-19 pandemic. Topics include Student Loans, Housing Protections and Resources, Personal Finance, and more. Registration for live-streaming events is open to all. Visit Money Smart Week to register now.
For more information about any of our programs, call the Library at (352) 742-6204.