As the City's record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code. Some of the other services the City Clerk provides are as follows:
- Serves as the Records Management Liaison Officer (RMLO) and official records custodian and manager for the City
- Processes Public Record Requests
- Coordinates and prepares the City Council Agenda and Minutes, Planning & Zoning Board minutes, Code Enforcement/Special Magistrate Hearing minutes and all other committee, public workshop and meeting minutes
- Supervises the City Elections in coordination with the Lake County Supervisor of Elections
- Attests documents and contracts for the City
- Prepares and publishes legal notices
- Processes Lien Search requests
- Processes Domestic Partnership registrations and assists as a Simply Married Officiant
- Provides Board support
- Provides City Receptionist services
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of the City Code of Ordinances and Land Development Regulations
- Processes and maintains ordinances, resolutions, easements covenants and city contracts
Public Records Requests
In accordance with 2017-21, Laws of Florida / Statute 119, Florida
CUSTODIAN OF PUBLIC RECORDS
City of Tavares
201 E. Main St.
Tavares, FL 32778
Public records, City Council resolutions and ordinances, and other information can be requested by contacting the City Clerk’s Office at 352.742.6209 or email Susie Novack, City Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Many documents are already available online in our Document and Archive Centers.
- The City Clerk's office is available to assist you with your public records requests. To expedite your request, please visit the City Clerk's office, 2nd floor, Tavares City Hall, 201 E Main Street, call 352.742.6279 or 352.742.6209, or Email City Clerk.
- Police Department public records requests should be submitted to Michelle Taylor. Email Michelle Taylor, phone at 352.742.6200, or mail/visit 911 Gateway Drive, Tavares, Florida 32778.
- To obtain the City of Tavares Police Officers' Pension Trust Fund and City of Tavares Firefighters' Pension Trust Fund please Email Foster and Foster, Inc.
Lien Search Requests
Please forward all lien search requests to the City Clerk and include a form if you would like the City Clerk to provide the information on your company form. Lien searches include information on city utilities, open code enforcement cases, open building permits and special assessments including back-up material. For additional questions please contact the City Clerk at 352.742.6279.