As the City's record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code. Some of the other services the City Clerk provides are as follows:
- Serves as the Records Management Liaison Officer (RMLO) and official records custodian and manager for the City
- Processes public record requests
- Coordinates and prepares the City Council agenda and minutes, Planning & Zoning Board minutes, Code Enforcement/Special Magistrate Hearing minutes and all other committee, public workshop and meeting minutes
- Supervises the City elections in coordination with the Lake County Supervisor of Elections
- Attests documents and contracts for the City
- Prepares and publishes legal notices
- Processes Lien Search requests
- Processes Domestic Partnership registrations and assists as a Simply Married Officiant
- Provides Board support
- Provides City Receptionist services
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of the City Code of Ordinances and Land Development Regulations
- Processes and maintains ordinances, resolutions, easements covenants and city contracts
CITIZEN BOARD VACANCY - Planning and Zoning Board
Board and Committee appointments are made by the Mayor of the City of Tavares. The Planning and Zoning Board currently has a vacancy for the remaining of a term that expires June 2022. Applications may be obtained by calling 352.842.6209 between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday, by emailing the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by downloading the below linked application . Applications will be accepted until the seat is filled.
Applications should be submitted to the City Clerk at the City of Tavares, 201 E Main Street, Tavares, Florida 32778. For additional information please contact Susie Novack, City Clerk, at 352.742.6209 or email@example.com.
Planning & Zoning Board Application
Public Records Requests
The City Clerk's office is available to assist you with your public records requests. To expedite your request, please visit the City Clerk's office, 2nd floor, Tavares City Hall, 201 E Main Street, call 352.742.6279 or 352.742.6209, or send your request by email to the City Clerk. You can also submit requests and inquiries through the Tavares website request tracker page.
To obtain the City of Tavares Police Officers' Pension Trust Fund and City of Tavares Firefighters' Pension Trust Fund Please contact Foster and Foster, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail
Lien Search Requests
Please forward all lien search requests to the