As the City's record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code.
Other duties include:
- Serves as the official records manager and custodian for the City
- Processes public record requests
- Coordinates and prepares the City Council agenda and minutes
- Supervises the City elections in coordination with the Lake County Supervisor of Elections
- Attests documents and contracts for the City
- Prepares and publishes legal notices
- Processes Lien Search Requests
- Processes Domestic Partnership registrations
- Provides Board support
- Maintains city website and social media
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of the City Code of Ordinances and Land Development Regulations
NOTICES TO THE PUBLIC
Police Pension Board
The City of Tavares is presently accepting applications for the Police Pension Board. This position is voluntary and appointed by the Mayor of the City of Tavares. Applications may be obtained by calling (352) 742-6279, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 pm Monday through Friday or by downloading the application from the city’s web site.
Applications should be submitted to the City Clerk. For additional information please contact Susie Novack, City Clerk, at (352) 742-6279 or email@example.com.
Public Records Requests
The City Clerk's office is available to assist you with your public records requests. To expedite your request, please visit the City Clerk's office, 2nd floor, Tavares City Hall, 201 E Main Street, call 352.742.6279 or 352.742.6209, or send your request by email to the City Clerk. You can also submit requests and inquiries through the Tavares website request tracker page.
To obtain the City of Tavares Police Officers' Pension Trust Fund and City of Tavares Firefighters' Pension Trust Fund Please contact Foster and Foster, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail
Lien Search Requests
Please forward all lien search requests to the